Great River House
Great River House is a 5 bedroom villa. It is located in a private gated neighbourhood of exclusive villas in Jamaica. The entire property is fenced and entered through wrought iron gates. This ensures complete privacy. Grounds include a hard-surface tennis court, a putting green and a spacious lawn. There is badminton and croquet on the lawn. Fruit trees enhance the manicured lawns. Royal Palms, citrus and pimento trees are gently lit each evening. The property is rented with a full compliment of staff. These include chef, butler, housekeeper/laundress and gardeners.
Great River House was built in 1956 by a member of the Dupont family. It was renovated in 2008 by modernist architect Tom Reed. Further enhancements were made in 2015. The property is elegant with an expansive pool terrace. There is state-of-the-art technology at the villa. This includes wireless internet throughout, and cable televisions.
Locally-crafted mahogany furniture reflects an old Jamaica ambiance. This is complemented by contemporary designer fabrics. Thers is a chef’s kitchen, and Kohler en-suite bathrooms with water tiles.
Interiors are distinguished by artwork by famous illustrator Arthur Taylor. There are also George Rodrique and original botanical and Jamaican watercolours and oils adorning the walls. The large serpentine pool features an infinity waterfall edge and fountain. It has an expansive stone terrace and divided shallow children's pool.
Candlelit dinners are served in an interior air-conditioned dining room. From here guests may enjoy a view over the pool and its infinity edge to the sea beyond. Meals may also be served al fresco on the 2,400-square-foot pool terrace. The chef treats guests to fresh fish and grilled lobster. A firm favourite is jerk pork and chicken prepared on the property's own jerk drum. Farm to table fruit, herbs and avocados grown on the property.
Various nooks and crannies are thoughtfully provided for individual escapes. A flower-filled side courtyard with out-door shower offers a special hideaway. This is perfect for rejuvenating spa treatments on request.
• 5-bedroom, 5 full en-suite baths, 2 half baths, 7,500-square-foot private villa on 5 acres
• Excellent gated neighborhood of other upscale villas
• Complimentary driver, to include: airport transfers, trips within Montego Bay area, and one day excursions (all other trips will be charged locally)
• Private tennis court with pro on call
• Putting green
• Badminton, croquet and bocce ball
• 30 x 60-foot pool (option to heat for a fee of $750)
• Full staff: chef, butler, housekeepers/laundress, gardener, night manager
• Farm to table fruit, herbs and avocados all grown on the property
• Air-conditioned family room with entertainment center
• Bar and ice maker
• Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access (bring your laptop)
• Cable televisions and DVD player
• Sonos wireless audio system
• Netflix, Pandora and Spotify
• Child friendly: large lawn, swing, books, games, DVDs, kiddie pool area
• 2 cribs, 1 high chair, pack & play, 3 car seats, 2 modern strollers
• Jamaican fire pit for bonfires, story-telling, smores and marshmallow roasts
• Round Hill membership - access to the beach and facilities
If you are interested in Great RIver House contact us today
- Air Conditioned bedrooms
- Cable TV
- Children Welcome
- Complimentary Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- On site security
- Private Garden
- Private Pool
- Sea view
- Sonos Entertainment System
- Staffed Villa
- Tennis Court
- Wireless Internet
All five bedrooms have mahogany floors, fine linens, pillow menus, quiet remote control air conditioning, ceiling fans, wireless audio system and Internet signal. Bathrooms feature Kohler fixtures, wall sprays and rain tile showers.
Master Bedroom - 400 sq ft
Antique Jamaican 4-poster king-size bed, and sliding doors to a private verandah with Caribbean Sea view. Cable television. 200-square-foot en suite bathroom with walk-in shower, side and overhead water tiles, and marble vanity with his and hers sink basins. Opens to pool terrace, also to private terrace.
Sea View Bedroom
King-size bed; en-suite bathroom with walk-in Turkish tiled shower, rain tiles and his and hers sink basins. Cable television. Private terrace with view of Caribbean Sea and garden. Connecting door to Garden View Bedroom for parent-child suite. Safe for valuables.
Garden View Bedroom
Optional king-size or twin beds; also twin bed sleep sofa for a child. En suite bathroom with tub/shower combination. Connecting door to Sea View Bedroom for parent-child suite. Garden view.
Tennis View Bedroom
King-size bed; en suite bath with walk-in shower and rain tiles. Writing desk and over-stuffed reading chair. Overlooks tennis court and garden.
Lower Level Bedroom
Optional king-size or twin beds in very private bedroom. En-suite bathroom with large walk-in shower with ceiling and wall rain tiles, marble counter with his & hers double sink basins. Writing desk. Opens to private patio and seating area with garden view.
Dedicated full time staff
• Night manager
|From||To||Min Stay||Nightly Rate||Weekly Rate|
|03-Jan-2023||07-Apr-2023||7||£1,141 GBP||£7,988 GBP|
|16-Apr-2023||17-Nov-2023||5||£840 GBP||£5,882 GBP|
|26-Nov-2023||14-Dec-2023||5||£840 GBP||£5,882 GBP|
|15-Dec-2023||18-Dec-2023||7||£1,141 GBP||£7,988 GBP|
|From||To||Min Stay||Nightly Rate||Weekly Rate|
|03-Jan-2023||07-Apr-2023||7||£1,561 GBP||£10,929 GBP|
|08-Apr-2023||15-Apr-2023||7||£1,561 GBP||£10,929 GBP|
|16-Apr-2023||17-Nov-2023||5||£1,081 GBP||£7,565 GBP|
|18-Nov-2023||25-Nov-2023||7||£1,561 GBP||£10,929 GBP|
|26-Nov-2023||14-Dec-2023||5||£1,081 GBP||£7,565 GBP|
|15-Dec-2023||18-Dec-2023||7||£1,561 GBP||£10,929 GBP|
|19-Dec-2023||26-Dec-2023||7||£2,582 GBP||£18,071 GBP|
|27-Dec-2023||02-Jan-2024||7||£2,702 GBP||£18,912 GBP|
Rates and taxes are subject to change without notice.
• Montego Bay Sangster International Airport - 25 minute drive
• Montego Bay - 26 minute drive
• Round Hill - 7 minute drive